Brazoria Drainage District No. 4 is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. It’s mission is to control and distribute the storm and floodwaters within its jurisdiction pursuant to Article XVI, Section 59 of the Texas Constitution, Chapters 49 & 56 of the Texas Water Code and all special legislation pertaining to the District.
To achieve this mission, the Board of Commissioners has directed that the District:
- Develop sound fiscal procedures to protect taxpayer monies.
- Design near-term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Establish guidelines for land development that has the potential to impact the distribution of storm and floodwaters.
- Schedule labor force and equipment to meet maximum efficiencies and use thereof.
- Report plans and program progress to the public through appropriate entities.
The District’s current Rules, Regulations, & Guidelines were approved and adopted at a regular meeting on July 11, 2023 and went into effect on August 8, 2023.